All plug-ins now available in Pro Tools, VST, MAS, Audio Unit and DirectX formats.
Cambridge , MA, (October 28, 2004) – IZOTOPE, INC., recognized innovator in digital media technology, has released its entire plug-in line for Mac OS X. The plug-ins can be downloaded from iZotope’s web site in Pro Tools, VST, MAS, Audio Unit, and DirectX formats. The release includes Ozone, a 64-bit analog modeled mastering system; Trash, a 64-bit classic amp, distortion, delay, and filter simulator; and Spectron, a versatile spectral-based effect. Vinyl, a record simulator, is already available as a free download for Mac OS X.
iZotope Ozone is a 64-bit integrated mastering system featuring analog modeling with options for digitally transparent processing. Features include:
- Loudness maximizer with Intelligent Release Control for extremely transparent limiting
- Proprietary MBIT+ wordlength reduction technology (dither)
- Tube modeled multiband dynamics with analog and linear-phase crossover modes, RMS and peak detection
- Tube modeled EQ with linear phase mode for digitally transparent equalization, intelligent matching function for spectrum matching
- 64-bit acoustically modeled reverb
Ozone is available as a download for new customers at $249.99 USD on the iZotope web site.
iZotope Trash sets a new standard in distortion and amp modeling. With its wide range of 64-bit box, cabinet, and speaker models, multiband distortion algorithms, fully sweepable and triggerable filters, and unique delay module, Trash is able to provide a superior sound with tremendous flexibility. Highlights include:
- 48 distortion types ranging from tube overdrive to the fuzz of germanium transistors. Chain pairs of distortions together for sonic destruction at 64-bit precision, or split the signal into multiple bands and apply distortion independently to individual frequencies.
- Realistic modeling of 85 amp cabinets and speakers. Classics, combos, boutique models, stacks... a tone and character for any occasion.
- 36 filters that can be LFO or envelope triggered through a unique graphical display. Synth filters, resonant filters, classic analog filters and more.
- Multiband dynamics and gating to control the peaks and tame the noise.
- Trash the echo with a selection of classic lo-fi delays. Tape delay with saturation and nonlinear tape machine artifacts, tape-tube delay with added tube saturation modeling, classic analog delay with analog degradation and Lo-fi digital delay with quantization noise and aliasing.
Trash is available as a download for new customers at $199.99 USD on the iZotope web site.
iZotope Spectron is the new “must have” tool for sound designers. It’s designed around the Spectron Engine, a powerful core which decomposes audio into thousands of frequency bands for spectral processing. Spectron offers a powerful interface which lets sound designers control groups of frequency bands with virtually unlimited options for sweeping and triggering. By chaining effects including morphing, panning, delay/feedback combinations and filtering, it’s easy to find a unique sound with Spectron. Features include:
- Morph module for effects reminiscent of a vocoder but with frequency-selective amount control
- Spectral-based delay with independent delay and feedback control for each frequency band
- Spectral-based stereo panning
- Filter module for frequency-selective attenuation
- Smear module including four independent delay lines with flanger-style LFO for smoothing the output of the Spectron Engine
- Innovative interface allows for virtually unlimited sweeping and triggering options, includes advanced LFO settings with amplitude, frequency and pulse-width modulation.
Spectron is available as a download for new customers at $129.99 USD on the iZotope web site.
iZotope Vinyl creates an authentic “vinyl” simulation as if the audio were a record being played on a record player. It provides the user with control over parameters ranging from the amount of dust to the year the record player was created. More than anything, it’s fun. Vinyl remains a free download from iZotope’s web site.
Pentium II 600 or greater
Macintosh G4 or G5
64 MB RAM or greater
Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP
Mac OS X 10.2+
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. Through a robust licensing program, iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. iZotope was recently honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®.
For more information on iZotope products, visit www.izotope.com.